Thursday, July 2, 2009

Strawberry Bosom!

We made some strawberry cupcakes today - they were surprisingly yummy!
The buttercream frosting felt a little soft unlike the typical frosting on cupcakes sold outside... maybe those are fondant frosting?
My frosting also curdled a little because this greedy mommy added more strawberry puree than required.
Without a proper piping bag, I attached the nozzle to a plastic bag and attempted to make some swirls with the buttercream but failed miserably as my buttercream was hardened from being chilled... well, I thought the frosting was too soft so I chilled it, not realising I could not pipe them after it's been chilled.
The things that an amateur baker does!

Later, we invited Ai Ai's little friend/neighbour May and her mommy over for a tea and yoga session :)

I got Ai Ai to pose in her apron
Actually this is my apron bought from Seville, Spain :)

Ai Ai busy filling the cups and mumbling to herself who the cupcakes are for...
Grandma, Grandpa, Daddy, Sophie, Mommy,Auntie Mel, May, Auntie Vikki, Isaac, Auntie Alicia, Anya, Mamak, Gong Gong, Chung Chung....
WAIT! Mommy's only made enough batter for 10 cuppies... are you sure there's enough for all of them?
YES!


Our First Cupcake - Strawberry Bossom :)

3 comments:

viv said...

Looks yummy! and Sophie looks cute in that apron. I had initially thought it was a dress you made.

happysunny said...

Haha! I thought it's a dress too!

YM said...

viv, happysunny,
I have no more energy to sew anymore! :)

Hee, this apron is sexy huh? Bought it in Spain so I can wear it and cook for R, but haha, most of the time I am just cooking in my oversized shabby-looking T-shirt at home :P
So much for being romantic!