Monday, July 6, 2009

First Music Class at Mandeville

We had our first "Baby Music" class at Mandeville Music School last Saturday.
R took Ai Ai for her class while I was supposed to just run some light errands and then drink a cup of tea.
I didn't expect United Square cafes to be so crowded around lunchtime though, so I ended up peeping at the class through the window as I couldn't get a seat at most cafes.
Ai Ai saw me, then opened the door and insisted Mommy join her in class.
As we were only allowed one parent per child, I took over from R.

The class was pretty tiring, with lots of standing up and sitting down kind of movements.
It was led by 2 lovely and enthusiastic teachers, Ms Chua and Ms Low.
Ms Chua was really passionate about playing the piano while Ms Low was really engaging and patient with the tods.
Ms Low even followed up with an email attached with a document about what we would be learning during this term and information about Mandeville concerts!
I could see that Ai Ai was enjoying herself even though it was her naptime (it's a 1pm class).
Maybe this is a good start to training her for Chiltern PM session?

Thanks, Amy Yi Yi, for recommending the school and teachers!

6 comments:

happysunny said...

what time were you there?

If I am alone with B2, I usually eat at The Roti Prata Shop, or have desserts at Bakerzine or Swensen.

If I am with Hb, it's usually Tang Dian Wang or Swensen.

YM said...

We were there around 1245noon. Her class starts at 1pm.

I didn't feel like prata/teh that day, and I've boycott Bakerzine for a long while! Didn't check out Swensens... sort of forgot about it cos didn't go that way.

Tang Dian Wang is good - I've tried their Bt Panjang branch. But we've already had our lunch, so I didn't think of going there.

I must say United Square on Sat noon is crazy, esp. the 3rd floor with all the schools! Think I was more afraid of catching some bug from so many pple! :P

Van said...

Why boycott bakerzine?

YM said...

Lousy service!
There was once my friend and I went there specially for their gooey choc cake cos it was her birthday and that was her fav dessert.
Ordered our mains + dessert at 12noon, then after we finished our mains and asked for dessert, they told us gooey choc cake will not be available till 3pm!
Did they really expect us to sit from 12noon to 3pm?!

Van said...

I see...

They should be more flexible, especially it's your friend's birthday! Should go all out to please their customer in such case!

May be speaking to someone more senior works? I always do that in Delifrance and Swensen, when my request is turned down, I asked to speak to the Manager...I did it in B1's presence, to show her "no harm asking...if you don't try, you'll never get it... :P

YM said...

Yes, we did. We spoke with the Asst Manager who was in charge (Manager was on evening shift). He said he cannot do anything cos the cakes were not ready and needs that long a time to make! Ridiculous!