Monday, October 20, 2008

P/S. Ai Ai did a judo fall yesterday

Forgot to mention that we went to Chinatown Complex to eat raw fish + porridge yesterday morning.
Ai Ai was happily eating her chwee kueh with her plastic fork when she realised that it was quite fun to swing the fork around... and she was swinging from her waist.
Roy told her not to swing it as the fork can be dangerous, but the Ai Ai refused to listen.

Then she probably did a very vigorous golfer's swing, lost her balance, and fell from the hawker centre chair (actually it's those backless round fixed stool).
I watched in horror as she fell in slow motion, and quickly put down my spoon to grab her, but only caught hold of her T-shirt.
Roy seemed to be more engrossed in his food, and almost continued eating his porridge!
She ended up flat on her back on the floor, but didn't cry for long... probably about 3 minutes.

As I comforted her, I could hear the old folks' comments, especially the old aunties and uncles from the Cantonese porridge stall.
I really didn't dare to turn and look at them, as I am sure I will get lots of "Bad Mommy, you didn't watch over your baby carefully" comments.

Roy was more amused by the whole incident, saying that the old folks were probably louder than Ai Ai's cries.
And he wasn't too worried since the fall was a slow motion judo fall which seemed really safe.

2 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Oh dear!! Hope Sophie is ok! No "baluku", I hope!! She is a hardy toddler!

YM said...

Hee, she was OK... but it was really quite a funny sight even though my heart aches when I saw her fall!