Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ai Ai's love for bananas!


Ai Ai has just recovered from a slight viral fever 2 days ago, which explains why I was too busy to post anything recently.

Ai Ai is getting sick of her steamed (albeit healthy) food, so I engaged her in some cooking today.
She stood on a chair on one end of the stovehob while I did a chicken stirfry for her.
It's tough to make sure the food doesn't get burnt while having to watch her to make sure she doesn't get too near.
Towards the end, I simply carried her on my hip so she could get a better view of her food being fried.
She seemed to enjoy her food more now that she is more involved in the cooking process.
In fact, when we finished dinner and she stood next to me at the sink (on a chair of course) watching me wash up, I asked her to smell the pan and she went "Arhmmmm" :)

Cooking for her nowadays is a real trial... attemped onigiri (Jap rice balls) which was a disaster for her as she didn't like chewing plain white rice, even though it was wrapped in her favourite seaweed!

Gotta crack my brains for more ideas... since she is so into bananas and kiwifruit now, I may attempt a banana/kiwi smoothie made with her goat milk just to see if I can increase her daily intake of milk, which is a pathetic 50ml maximum.

2 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Hope Ai Ai is better from her fever now! And I am certain she will grow up to be like you - good cook, shoe-lover, shopping queen! The signs are there already...!

YM said...

Ai Ai recovered from her fever, thanks!
Hee, she's already a shoe-lover and shopping queen, but cook?
Hmm, she's not a big fan of food.
Annette will be a more likely candidate as a good cook!