Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Today's Visit to Dr. Wong

Dear Ai Ai,

Daddy and I are so happy that our visit to Dr. Wong today went well.
He said that there is no evidence of any hip dysplasia as the X-ray done 6 months ago showed a normal hip, and he also could not pop your hip out today.
However, there were still those obvious clicking sounds when he moved your hips, which he said could be due to tendons and not the hips itself.
As we still cannot determine where the clicking sounds are coming from, we'll need to continue to monitor them every 6-12 months (with the occasional X-ray) till you're 6 years old, so I guess you'll be seeing more of Dr. Wong.

He said you're just a very flexible little girl, and would probably do well in ballet/dance, but not in athletics or ball games.
In running, you'll probably not run as fast as other kids.
In ball games, you'll probably be clumsier due to your flexibility.
In a nutshell, you'll probably fall more than other kids in your growing years due to your flexibility, so we'll have to try and help you build up more muscles to counter this.

Mommy is now thinking of building a brachiating ladder for you... I wonder if Daddy has the time to do it this holiday?
The one at the playground downstairs is no good as it's too high for me to hold you up for so long, and since I am unable to see your face when holding you up, you always end up hitting your face or chin on the bars... so sorry about that!

Well, I may not be the best carpenter around, but I think I can attempt this project!
Maybe I'll start with a bar across the doorway to get you used to hanging first, while working on the brachiating ladder.

No comments: