Thursday, September 4, 2008

Potty Training


Last Monday, Ai Ai suddenly told me "Poop" and pointed to her diapers.
I checked it but there was no poop, so I thought that maybe she wanted to poop.
I put her on her toilet training seat and started to distract her with some reading.
And then..... I heard the much awaited "plop" sound!
Decided to quickly do up a chart to reward her with a star.
This is a good start. I have not been potty training her at all, but have only been telling her constantly that if she wants to poop, she should tell me so I can put her on the toilet seat.
The following days, she didn't tell me "Poop" or "Pee" at all... but I didn't want to put up so many "Frowns" cos it does get quite discouraging, doesn't it?

2 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Well done, Ai Ai, for potty training at such a young age! :) The star reward system is ever so encouraging!

mumusings said...

Thanks for sharing this! Hoping to toilet train my toddler successfully meanwhile...