Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Crafty Weekend

Here's what I made this weekend - a chair sling/portable babychair with the pattern taken from here
I don't think Ai Ai will fancy being strapped down to a chair like that though :)


I made a little modifications to the pattern - replaced 2 straps with a velcro. Which mommy would have so much time to tie so many straps?
Added some loops for safety reasons too.
Here's how it looks from the backview.

And a little pouch to complete the look.
Overall, it's a little more bulky than Dinky Diner's, cos I used a sturdier material in case the toddler using it happens to have Neanderthal strength.

7 comments:

viv said...

Hey, I'm impressed. You should sell this. I'm leaving for HK tomorrow and I'm dreading how that country is always lacking in baby chairs in restuarants. This would have been perfect!

Mummy Jas said...

Huskie, this is soooo pro!!! U made a pouch for it as well! So so nice!!! Ya, u shd consider sell this. :)

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Me too me too! Now you have 3 customers ;) Hee hee....Wonderful work there! Very impressive!

YM said...

Viv:
Aiyah, if only I'd known about your HK trip earlier, I'd have made one for you!

Viv, Jas, Linette:
Cannot sell lah - my workmanship is probably too shoddy! :P
Plus, I made this just cos I wanted to know I can figure out how it's being sewn, and how this sling works.
Now I am bored and looking at other projects, so this piece is a "limited edition"! :D

Mummy Jas said...

Next project? Tutus??? Heihei... Or u have done it oredi? :)

YM said...

hey Jas,
I've actually made a tutu for Soph already. It's here:
http://myfrozentime.blogspot.com/2008/08/tutu-for-ai-ai.html

What do you think of it?

My next project is actually her photobook, and the voucher expiry is 31 Dec 2008!

Mummy Jas said...

huskie, i really kudo to u! Think the tutu looks nicer on her now that she is taller. :)

Hurry up on ur photobook b4 it expires! I have chop chop done up mine quite some time back. :)