Saturday, March 14, 2009

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

I bought some blueberries for the Ai Ai, but this time, she didn't seem keen on eating them.
Instead she kept feeding them to me.
Then I realised why - they're sour!

So I did a google and found this recipe for To Die For Blueberry Muffins
This is how my version turned out. I really shouldn't have followed the recipe exactly and filled it to the brim as they started to spill over when baking.
Still, they were really yummy. The inside is soft and cake-like but not too sweet, whereas the top crumble is sweet and crusty :)

At night, when we put the Ai Ai to bed, I asked her to say her own prayer and this was what she said:

Dear Dod, pea help Anthel tor tor tay healthy... Anthel tor tor hold Sophie hand, walk

Tsk Tsk, not a word of thanks for her mommy who slaved over her all this while?!

If you're wondering who "Anthel tor tor" is, he is C's 7-yr-old son, Ansel, who is really good-looking. He looks like a younger and new-improved version of the kungfu star Jet Li.
I think Ai Ai is infatuated with him. When she is with him, she'll just look at him coyly :)

3 comments:

viv said...

You are always cooking and baking! Reading this entry now makes me yearn for food. I just came back from KL and Genting an hour ago...

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Eh, your photo looks super yummilicious! Makes me feel like buying an oven and bake these yummy muffins!

YM said...

viv,
What can this housewife do other than bake and sew? ;)
I saw your Genting trip - looks fun! Feel like taking Soph there too... heard the kiddie rides are fun.

Lin,
Go get a tabletop oven! SO cheap... and then can do roast chicken too :)