Thursday, June 3, 2010

My little girl has grown up

Her previous version of a wedding was to walk in Thomson Plaza with an ice-cream.
Now it's almost the real stuff.

Ai Ai: Mommy, look at my long dress. I'm getting married.
Me: Where are you getting married?
Ai Ai: Chinatown.
Me: What will you hold in your hands?
Ai Ai: Flowers.
Ai Ai: But I am tired. I want to sit down.
Me: Why are you tired?
Ai Ai: Because I am sad.
Me: Why are you sad?
Ai Ai: Because I lost my prince.

I feel sorry for her.
Our move and some friends' moves must have been quite traumatic for a little tod.

We moved to a new place where she didn't have any playmates.
Auntie Cindy and family moved to Los Angeles.
Auntie Mel and family moved to Hong Kong.
Auntie Vikki and family moved the the eastern part of Singapore.

I hope she wouldn't grow up to be a loner.


5 comments:

cheknchel said...

Sis, dun worry.I think it is just a passing phase. She's feeling this way cos of attachment and the routine had changed for me. Well, it is going to take some time for her to adjust but she will not be a loner lar.

This is what we called "Tong Zhen". I think every child us entitled to that. Sophie's your little woman just like David is your little man in your life. =)

YM said...

Hmm... Roy says he is a loner.
I sure hope Ai Ai will grow up to have friends like me :P

viv said...

The part about losing her prince is hilarious and sad at the same time. Cheer up Sophie. There are many more along the way keke!

YM said...

Auntie Viv,
Many more?
Many more heartbreaks along the way?
Booooooooohooooooooooo

Soph is such an emo girl... do you know she cries during almost every movie we watch? So much so that we dare not bring her to the movie theatre as yet!

viv said...

Oh hahaha... I meant many more cute boys along the way!! But that would also mean more heartbreaks hoh!