Thursday, June 17, 2010

A mantra to live by

An old friend sent me this mantra after I had my shingles outbreak this week.

"Is there a solution to your problems?
If there is, why worry?
If there isn't, then there is no use worrying too."

Another old friend whom I haven't met for 10 years commented that that is very me.
But he does not know the me now.
I need to look at things from a different perspective.
No one can be a perfect mom.
I need to return to the old me 10 years ago.
The me that lived by this mantra.

1 comment:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Yes, like how yoga teaches us - live in the present, no point worrying about the future or dwelling in the past. No one can be a perfect mum, but hey! We are all perfect mums in our children's eyes! Am sure Soph and David think that you're the best mum ever!