Thursday, August 6, 2009

Preparation for National Day Party at school

This morning Ai Ai woke up asking to do painting.

I didn't have the heart to reject her, even though it's a lot of work to clean up for a big fat cat (that was what she called me yesterday).
So we did some water-colour painting, which we made into gift boxes to put our Cranberry Shortcakes for the teachers tomorrow.

These are the Cranberry Shortcakes we made - recipe take from Martha Stewart.
I tried to cut them up into stars, but they simply break and crumble.
In the end, I decided to save the shortcakes by cutting them into neat rectangles.


Shortcakes packed into handmade gift boxes

Muffins which we made in the afternoon
We'll be bringing them for the party tomorrow

These strawberry muffins are better than the previous ones I made.
This batch is made from one-third whole-wheat flour - recipe also from Martha Stewart.

3 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

I love the handmade boxes!!

viv said...

Lovely presents! Eh I'm so lazy compared to you!

YM said...

Lin,
Thanks to you for suggesting a craftbook! The instructions for the giftbox is from the one I bought - really quite idiot-proof :)
But trust me, the shortcakes are nicer than the boxes! *thick-skinned* :P

viv,
No lah, FTWMs are usually busier... harder to find time to do these stuff.
The stuff I do is still pretty unstructured - need to get my act together!