Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pat's, Chiltern or Montessori?

I had previously set my sights on Ai Ai going to a Montessori school in Bishan area, but after a good friend sent her daughter there and gave me some very frank reviews about it, R and I decided against it and made a decision to send Ai Ai to a more established preschool.

Lots of my friends have sent their kids to Chiltern, and I have witnessed the toddlers blossoming into confident, outgoing children.
However, this mommy has been a little too relaxed in checking out the preschools, and hence when I called up Chiltern Halifax 2 weeks ago, I was #40 on their waitlist!
Desperate, I tried Pat's Halifax and it was slightly better at #11 on waitlist.
However, if no one pulls out by October, we may remain on the waitlist indefinitely *sigh*

Pat's admin staff told me that there will be a new centre opening in Whitley area end of this year, and they would keep me informed if that centre is opening any Playgroup class for Ai Ai's age.
Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Still, I do not have many friends who sent their kids to Pat's, and I am still researching on whether Pat's curriculum is as comprehensive as that of Chiltern's.

Next up - research on Primary School! :P

2 comments:

viv said...

Whitley is even nearer!

YM said...

Viv,
Yes, I think Whitley is closer... crossing my fingers they'd start a class for 3yos.
Still, I think I would like Soph to go to CH eventually... so am hoping I can move up from #40 on waitlist! :)