Sunday, June 28, 2009

How am I surviving without a helper?

Pretty tough, I must say!

I am constantly tired out from having to squat to Ai Ai's level to carry her, clear her potty and dress her, esp. with an expanding belly.
Meals are quick-fixes which I can prepare beforehand during her naptime, so I can still spend the afternoon playing with her and taking her to the playground before dinner.
If I am too tired to cook, R will tabao dinner from his school canteen... although I try to cook as much as I can.

I'm not sure how I am going to cope when Baby #2 comes along.
Everything will probably be a blur, but we'll make it :)


A simple lunch - organic beef patty sandwich

My quick-fix dinner -
"Grilled Tropical Pork Skewers with rice and Carrot/Corn Soup"

5 comments:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

I like your skewers! Am sure you will do fine to juggle the 2 kids although the first 2 months usually will be a shocker!

viv said...

Eh your skewers look professional!

viv said...

Eh your skewers look professional!

happysunny said...

I salute your! Soph is still so young and requires lots of attention and your care, you still have the energy to make so professional looking meals!

I hardly cook during my 3rd trimester,too tired.Cooking itself is easy, but must go marketing,preparation work and the cleaning up after that....

YM said...

Lin, viv,
The skewers are really easy to make - I think the trick is in the pineapple combi with pork which is lovely. Only need to marinate for at least 2 hrs the pork with sesame oil, pepper, little bit of soy sauce, grated ginger, lime juice and freshly chopped coriander (Some call it Chinese parsley, some call it cilantro)... then skewer pineapple, veges plus meat while Ai Ai is napping, dump in fridge and then just before dinner, pop them into oven toaster for 20mins... 20mins is good cos it doesn't dry out the pork completely but still turn out juicy.

happysunny....
eh, are you Van?
Yes, the marketing can be quite tiring... just abuy a bit of stuff everyday when Soph is at school, no choice.
I'm nearing my 3rd tri now, and am starting to walk like a turtle!
Today I almost slipped cos I hears Soph fall in the toilet and I was almost running out to her *sigh*