Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Getting my Act together

I've finally gotten my act together and will start updating my blog... so you'll probably see lots of backdated entries :)

Beginning of 2009 hasn't been so good to me so far.
I've been falling ill quite often... flu and migraine over Xmas '08, the New Year and then again during Chinese New Year.
Living in our apartment was practically like living in Siberia during Singapore's "winter" season.
It's so cold that I had to wear slippers around the flat, and the sounds of the winds is just like the waves by the seaside.
Is this global warming or simply me aging?

And now I am stricken with a bout of horrid hives (Chinese call it "feng mo") and taking Polaramine (antihistamine) which makes me drowsy almost all the time.
Thanks so much to Mum for staying with us during these few weeks to help out with Sophie!

Anyway, we've decided to get a helper so that I can spend more quality time with Soph.
Our Indonesian helper should be here in April as we'll need to get lots of paperwork done.
In the meantime, I really should start picking up some Bahasa Indonesia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, hope you are feeling better now. Was wondering where you were! Please take care ya...

viv said...

oh dear. hope you get well soon. last week i went to see the old man for my horrid cough. again, he worked wonders ; ) sigh. just have to tolerate his grouchiness!

YM said...

Jas,
Thanks :)

viv,
Thanks too.
Yeah, the old man is great, isn't he?
But I wonder how old he is huh? Haha, worried who I'll go to when he's no longer around.
Eh, maybe when you next go see him, you can ask him? :P