Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Migraine Again!

It's that time of the month and my migraine is here again!
It all started on Monday when I had bad backache in the afternoon.
I took a noon nap with Ai Ai, and then woke up with a bad migraine.
It was so bad that I couldn't eat much dinner and then started throwing up at night... nothing came up cos I didn't eat much, but just gastric juices.
This auntie had wanted to catch the last episode of the AIDS Chinese drama on Channel 8, but the lights from the TV simply made me retch non-stop and I had to give it up 15mins into the show :(
Tried to sleep it off, but ended up popping a Cataflam at 3am.
R couldn't help much as he was away for his reservist, and he had to stay in camp that night.

I must say Ai Ai was pretty good throughout the whole day.
She basically roamed about the apartment by herself while I laid in bed, but she did throw a few tantrums when I couldn't play with her or take her downstairs for her walk, which I did in the end.

Yesterday was much better. R came back in the afternoon so I got the car and went to see my favourite TCM doc.
The old man took a longer time this round taking my pulse, and finally, without me telling him a single thing, he asked if I had been vomitting and had some stomach problem.
Isn't he amazing? All this just by taking my pulse and no stethoscope to hear my growling stomach.
He gave me 2 days worth of bitter herbs for my tummy, after which I should go back to him again... hmmm, no prizes for guessing the reason, my friends! ;)

P/S. dated 3 Dec: OK, let me clarify here... I am not preggers (I thought I was quite clear that I was having my period :)) but yes, we are finally ready to try for #2... to embark upon the journey of sleepless nights again!
And seeing the TCM doc? Well, it's really to "tiao" my body as I believe in TCM's theory of the body being in harmony.

3 comments:

viv said...

did i guess right? just the thought makes me excited.

YM said...

haha, yes, I think you'd have guess right, but don't know how long it'll take this time?

hey, why don't you go and see the old man with me too? *wink wink*
He'll be very happy to know about your previous success :)

viv said...

yeah i must say he is quite good BUT grouchy haha. i actually wanted to bring kids to see him for cough but worried they will not drink the medication!