Thursday, March 8, 2012

Murder She Commited



This was what I did to my oven.
The day before, I was trying to tidy up the kitchen so my part-time helper will have an easier time.
As I was putting the tupperware into my oven, an image of the melting tupperware flashed across my mind.
I told myself "Don't be silly. Of course I will check the oven before I turn it on."
The next day, as I was getting ready to bake my cheese bread, I checked the oven and saw that all was clear.
BUT I didn't notice a tupperware cover that slid under the rack and was resting on the bottom heating element.
As I was preparing the batter, I smelled some horrible chemical smell and this was what happened.
I was pretty shaken by the whole accident... even more after R showed me that night, this video on why we should not pour water on kitchen oil fire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecvG7sb4H4M
Afterall, petrochemicals in the plastic could be considered as "oil"?

An acquaintance told me to use flour.
A Google on the effect of flour showed is just as scary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tduy1zU0L-Q

I guess the best would be a wet cloth.

No comments: