Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Best Orange Butter Cake ever
This is my favourite orange butter cake, adapted from The Little Teochew's blog.
For my own convenience and future reference, I have put up the recipe here.
That is because I tend to put in 195g of butter instead of flour... for whatever reason, I really don't know.
S says it's because Daddy and Mommy have exchanged memories.
She says Daddy has taken Mommy's memory and vice versa.
Would that explain my recent confused state of mind?
Orange Butter Cake
adapted from The Little Teochew
170g butter, softened
150g sugar (I reduced this from 225g)
1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 tbsp orange zest
195g all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
4. Beat in orange zest and eggs.
5. On low speed, add in sifted flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk and ending with flour.
6. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 40mins.